Monday 22 September 2008

"Is this all?"

Thank you to everyone who commented on my feminism post below. I was loath to publish another post at the moment as I didn't wish to draw attention away from it. I had thought of publishing all the comments as a new post but decided that might be a bit indulgent. If you've missed it though - do have a read through the comments and feel free to add to the discussion.

In those comments the delightful Livvy - the English Courtesan - promised I could spank her while she read "The Feminine Mystique" to me. Sadly I think she is teasing me again - or at least would charge me far more than I could afford! However it did get me to look at the book again. The opening words struck a chord with me - they sounded so much like how many subs had described their awakening to me.

'The problem lay buried, unspoken, for many years in the minds of American women. It was a strange stirring, a sense of dissatisfaction, a yearning that women suffered in the middle of the twentieth century in the United States. Each suburban wife struggled with it alone. As she made the beds, shopped for groceries, matched slipcover material, ate peanut butter sandwiches with her children, chauffeured Cub Scouts and Brownies, lay beside her husband at night--she was afraid to ask even of herself the silent question--"Is this all?" '


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pygar my dear! I was indeed teasing you cruelly but that's what you'd expect from one who seeks to dom your dommyness. ;-)

Livvy xxx

P.S. Or was I?
P.P.S. Better go and read it again me too in case you test me on it.
P.P.P.S But of course you can't test me because I'm dommier.
P.P.P.P.S Bark now, bark with Livvy, 'Whoooooose the dommy?'